Pages

Wednesday, 4 June 2008

construction of a farm yard coat



I spent the day cutting out a big new batch of coats. This is my favourite. Another Palmy Op. shop treasure is being turned into a quilted coat. I adore this print, orange, brown, animals and retro, what better combination could there be? Perhaps the african themed fabric I have in the same style.

This was my second attempt at quilting fabric, although I have now realised that I need to quilt the fabric after I cut out the pieces and insure that the batting is smaller than the outer fabric. Otherwise I end up with seams so thick that the poor little person inside the coat would be stuck like a statue, unable to move. It's going to be a case lots of unpicking and re quilting, oh well, all will be nutted out come #3!

Gorgeous vintage buttons too!

Watch this space for the finished product

No comments: